Last time around we took a look at newsletters in HVAC. Today, we’re going to show you how to make sure your company is creating great HVAC newsletters. Take a look at our 10 tips, try to incorporate them into upcoming newsletters and we guarantee your newsletter results are going to shoot through the roof (uh, figuratively, not literally!).
Before you start creating great HVAC newsletters
Hold up – reality check! Do you really need a newsletter? Why? Ok then, what are you going to include in it? Do you have a solid plan and focus? What kind of newsletter is it going to be? Will you tell your customers about company news? New products? Special offers? Content marketing?
Bottom line – make sure you don’t dilute the impact of your newsletter with a fluffy focus and always have a documented plan for why you are writing a newsletter, and what you hope to get out of it. A newsletter is part of your marketing plan, and should have a clearly-defined place in it!
Onto the tips for your newsletter!
Before you send
1. Make sure you really need a newsletter – whether it’s great or not!
2. Check out the competition – in many areas, the competition is low, so ensure yours is the best around!
3. Refine the sign-up process – almost everyone has a newsletter these days, so “sign up for the newsletter” doesn’t cut it anymore!
During the creation
4. Do your research – this article is particularly good
5. Balance the content of your great HVAC newsletter – 90% educational and 10% promotional – from Hubspot
6. Really, really work on the CTA (call to action) – it’s the key to a great result
7. If you use a newsletter tool, as mentioned in the last article, really get the most out of it –try playing around with segmentation, resending to clients who don’t open, onboarding sequences, and testing times, senders and subject lines
After it’s sent
8. Always occasionally ask your list members for feedback – they know what they are interested in, but don’t hassle them!
9. Test, test and test some more – testing, especially A/B testing, is the key to a great HVAC newsletter
10. Make sure your newsletter is easily shared on social media – consider sharing it there too, as well as sending it out.
So there you have it – 10 advanced tips to make sure your HVAC newsletter is indeed great. It takes a little time, but when you’re using Synchroteam, you’ll have that in spades, right? What do you mean you haven’t tried it?! We can definitely help you with that – try Synchroteam – for free – here.